GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
REBLOGGING FOR EPISODE LINKS OKAY COME ON YOU GUYS NOW YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE NOT TO WATCH IT!
(Though Ned is definitely not asexual. Don’t get me wrong, I love the heck out of asexual characters and seriously wish there were more on tv, but he’s completely straight and sexually attracted to Chuck. He desperately wants to touch her, but physically can’t.)